NATIONAL YOUTH CONFERENCE 2018
Nepal today stands at the cusp of transformation with the introduction of the federal system of governance. The elections to the three tiers of autonomous governments at the central, provincial and local levels have been successfully held. Of significance, is the presence of 41.12% of elected women representatives in local governance as a result of the affirmative action provided by the Constitution.
Although, the Ministry of Youth and Sports has developed a ten-year strategy and programme entitled, “Youth Vision 2025”, for harnessing youth resources with the aim of promoting their professional growth and entrepreneurship, every day around 1500 to 2000 people migrate for overseas labour employment mostly to the Gulf countries and Malaysia. The majority of them are youths. The remittances that they send to the country contributes 30% to the GDP. Nevertheless, the economic-socio costs of migration for labour employment are high. Most of those who opt for migration often end up being victims of unsafe migration and trafficking. Worst still, it is reported that almost 8-10 corpses of migrant labourers arrive at the Tribhuvan International Airport every day. The hidden dimension of labour migration in the form of maimed or injured labour migrants, psycho-social problems either suffered by them or their families, especially wives of migrant labourers yet to be addressed by Government of Nepal.
Today, youths comprise 40 % of the world’s population. This is a sizeable number that holds promise for driving the economic development of the country as they represent a vital resource for transformation of any nation. In Nepal, out of the total population of approximately 23 million, youths between the ages of 16 – 40 constitute 40%. The government has formulated several polices that target the youths to encourage their participation in national development such as the 2004 Agricultural Policy, 2006 Labour and Employment Policy, 2011 Industrial Policy and 2014 National Employment Policy. Nevertheless, half of the youth population are either unemployed or under-employed. In twenty years time, they will become old. In recognition of the fact that they play determining roles and to bring that undeniably effective force into the mainstream of development in Nepal, the National Network Against Girls’ Trafficking (NNAGT) and Nepal Youth Council (NYC) are proposing to host a three-day National Youth Conference from 12- 14 August, 2018.
OBJECTIVES of the NATIONAL YOUTH CONFERENCE:
- Examine the status of agriculture, tourism and IT development in Nepal to explore innovative ideas for economic development of the country.
- Explore innovative ideas for creating sustainable domestic employment opportunities for promoting youth leadership and innovation.
- Mobilise the youths for engaging with the federal, provincial and local governments for the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to influence national and local policies and plans on youth and development with a focus on SDG 5 on Gender Equality.
OUTPUTS OF THE CONFERENCE:
- 7 Provincial Plans of Action on Youth and SDGs
In total, 204 participants will attend the Conference. 154 youths (one female and one male) from 77 districts will be eligible to participate in the Conference. Additionally, 50 youths ( Gender balanced) will be selected from among the differently-abled, dalits, diverse ethnic groups and LGBTQI.
Apply through : Google Form
Download from : NYC 2018 Participation Form
APPLICATION APPLY from MOBILE SMS
IN COLLABORATION WITH:
SUPPORT BY :
SMS PARTNER :
INNOVATION PARTNER :
PROCESS for PARTICIPATION in NYC2018:
Criteria for participation in the Conference:
- Above 18 years and below 30 years old.
- Involved in social activities in his/her home district and should be involved in some kind of entrepreneurship.
- Shall not be associated to any political party.
- Produce at least three evidences s/he has conducted activities for social transformation.
- In case a district does not have balanced representation of a female and a male, efforts will be made to identify at least three alternate candidates to ensure equal representation.
Application forms will be made available to interested participants, which can be downloaded from NYC website. The participants must submit the completed application form by 12 July, 2018 to Nepal Youth Council via email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. Instructions for depositing application fee of Rs. 500/- are given in the application form.
Banking Details :
Account Number : 21700100199113000001
Account Name : Nepal Youth Council
Bank Name : Nepal Bank Limited
Branch : Kantipath Branch
Swift Code : NEBLNPKA
Download here: NYC 2018 Participation Form
- Successful Youth leaders from various sectors
- Motivational speakers who can inherit positive thoughts & enhance personality development
- Speakers who can teach how to spend a happy life
- Successful business personals of Nepal
- Young Psychological Specialist
- Youths on Global Leadership – youth specialists
- Young politicians
THEMATIC WORKING SESSIONS:
The following themes will be the focus of the thematic papers:
- Tourism, Agriculture and Information Technology,
- SDGs; and,
- Provincial Plans of Action.